COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework, providing an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT that reflects the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises.
COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes:
- Maintain high-quality information to support business decissions
- Achieve strategic goals realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, effcient aplication of technology
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level
The scope of the Val IT framework is also fully covered within the scope of the COBIT 5 framework. You are invited to review the COBIT 5 framework first and, if more guidance on value is needed, reference the Val IT publications for more detail.
A new governance framework, and supporting publications addressing the governance of IT-enabled business investments, Val IT consists of a set of guiding principles. A number of processes conforming to those principles that are further defined as a set of key management practices.
The Val IT framework is supported by publications and operational tools and provides guidance to:
- Define the relationship between IT and the business and those functions...
The scope of the Risk IT framework is also fully covered within the scope of the COBIT 5 framework. You are invited to review the COBIT 5 framework first and, if more guidance on risk is needed, reference the Risk IT publications for more detail.
Risk IT provides an end-to-end, comprehensive view of all risks related to the use of IT and a similarly thorough treatment of risk management, from the tone and culture at the top, to operational issues.
- Risk is a natural part of the business landscape.
- If left unmanaged, the uncertainty can spread like weeds.
- If managed effectively, losses can be avoided and benefits obtained.
In business today, risk plays...