ISACA was incorporated in 1969 by a small group of individuals who recognized a need for a centralized source of information and guidance in the growing field of auditing controls for computer systems. Today, ISACA has more than 95,000 members worldwide.
OCOBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. This evolutionary version incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems. COBIT 5 builds and expands on COBIT 4.1 by integrating other major frameworks, standards and resources, including ISACA’s Val IT and Risk IT, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) and related standards from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
COBIT 5 helps enterprises of all sizes:
- Optimize the cost of IT services and technology
- Maintain IT-related risk at an acceptable level
- Achieve operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Maintain high-quality information to support business decisions
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies